Sunday 5 July 2009

A moan

Well, what can I say?

It turns out that the Land Rover we bought is stolen despite our having all the documents, the HPI check and both sets of original keys. The garage paid for a hire car while it was being investigated by the police but now we must get our money back and find a new one. My car desperately needs to go in for a service but since it's our only mode of transport it can't and it's extremely difficult at the moment. Harriet is dragged out of bed and put in the car seat (aka the 'grumble chair') and my commute is at least an hour longer each day.

On the more positive side Arto passed the MOT so Jay, Harriet, Sarah and Jess can still go on their holiday next week. I have had important meetings with the regulator this week so on a couple of days I did take the car and Arto had to be on standby as our second vehicle for emergencies.

I'm pretty fed up at the moment. I am making no progress with the lawyers who have not only done nothing but have also lost a substantial amount of money we had sent to them. We haven't managed to get the documents from the US we need and Harriet's visa is running out.

Anyway, I'll isolate this moan into one post and tell you about all the wonderful things that have been happening separately.