Tuesday 17 February 2009

Flight Booked

I have booked my flight back to England (well changed my original return date, for the princely sum of fifty pounds).  I will leave tomorrow for the land where a scone is something to eat with jam and cream (rather than the mashed potato and gravy that is more popular here).  

It's desperately sad on many levels but we did have some good news today.  We were sent to the hospital for some activity tests.  This meant that I got to see the hospital, got to spend an hour in the labour room with Jennifer wired up to machines and basically just picture the scene and feel part of things.  There was no actual labour but on the plus side all Harriet's vitals were good.  We got to see a scan as well although this was done rather too efficiently and was for the purpose of checking how much fluid there was (plenty apparently).

I have wasted valuable holiday and been terribly bored but she is well and I am happy.  There will be another appointment on Monday and then the induction will be scheduled.  I will come out fairly soon afterwards for a weekend and maybe again.  It will be hard to do all that travelling but it will be worth it.