Tuesday 31 March 2009

Everything Changes

We’re not out of the woods yet because in many ways nothing has changed, but really everything has changed.

All my nightmares and worst fears evaporated in an instant when I saw Jay and Harriet enter the International Arrivals Hall at Terminal Five. We have a six month visa to sort out her legal status definitively.

And now we are at home, here in Hertfordshire with Harriet in the Moses basket that once Jay slept in.

We have counted down the weeks for so long, anticipated and worried about so much but now all those hopes are become reality - a reality in an infant’s bouncer chair that makes her presence known I can assure you!

Her song, that calms her is the theme from Babe; “If I had words”. Well, if I had words I’d tell you how I feel and maybe soon I will but for the moment I cannot think of a stream of words that sum up sufficiently how I feel. Every milestone has been great but this is quite simply, the best.