Saturday 9 April 2011

Over the hill?

We play this game every year, from March to April, in which my husband pretends to be a year younger than me. Still, whether he likes it or not, time waits for no man and he soon catches up. He's just jealous because he knows that my grey is more distinguished than his!

The irony is not lost on me that next year is the year I originally said I would like to have children. It is good to make plans but good to have a plan B, C and the rest!

It looks like a beautiful day in New York and I'm sure we'll have a good day. Honestly, it will probably be like most other Saturdays and centred around Harriet but check out the little details: we'll swap the cheap plonk for some champagne, perhaps even some of the real stuff. But what could be better than that?

Happy Birthday and welcome to the club J! But don't worry I'll still be leaving it before you next year (to get the next one ready for you in April) xxx